Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Clean Green Smoothie

If you know me, you know I'm a huge fan of green smoothies.  They're super easy & so quick to make!  They're a great way to get loads of nutrients into your diet.  Green smoothies are how I got my energy during & after my breast cancer treatments...seems like so many years ago.  They are the best way, I think, to get you started on a path to wellness. 

I'm calling today's green smoothie 'clean' because it's not too sweet & has so much going for it: it's hydrating, alkalizing, detoxifying, anti-inflammatory, loaded with chlorophyll, purifying to the blood, great for the skin & just about every other part of the body.  It's a nutrient dense powerhouse.  I could go on...this smoothie is the bomb.  Tastes pretty darn good too!

For those of you not yet accustomed to green smoothies, this one might need a little more fruit: maybe another banana, a mango, some blueberries, etc....but give it a try first, then add in if you need to.  You might be surprised & love it just as much as I do!

1 ripe banana
3 stalks celery
1 cucumber
Big handful of Italian parsley
1/2 large lemon, with the pith & a little of the peel
Water from 1 young Thai coconut

Toss all ingredients into a blender, preferably a high-speed blender (VitaMix) & blend until frothy. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment