Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Green Pumpkin Smoothie

Yes - another pumpkin recipe!  (Watch out, I may post a few more...)

This is the other recipe I planned to demo in the November 'Raw Food 101' Whole Foods class I missed.  I was talking about it in October, & several very excited attendees asked me to feature it in November.  I'm sorry you all missed it...but here it is finally:



Green Pumpkin Smoothie

  1 C fresh pumpkin, cubed
  1/2 C fresh pineapple, cubed
  1 banana, fresh or frozen
  1/2 cucumber
  1 handful pea shoots or several leaves of dino (lacinto) kale
  1 tsp spirulina
  1-2 Tbs blackstrap molasses
  2 Tbs each: flax/chia/hemp seeds

Place pumpkin, pineapple, banana, cucumber & greens in high-speed blender (VitaMix) & blend until smooth.  Add spirulina, molasses & seeds; blend again until smooth.  (You may place everything in the blender at once, but I like to break it up this way, as the spirulina, molasses & seeds blend in & don't get stuck to the sides & top of the VitaMix this way.)

Enjoy the lovely goodness of beta carotene & greens!

Peace, love & kale rocks...xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment